The classic “Match Game” is an all time winner for kids! This is always an engaging way to review Bible stories.
The basic idea of the Match Game is to have two sets of matching images or words.
- All cards are placed on a flat surface with the images or words facing down.
- Each child takes a turn turning just 2 cards over. If they match, they keep the cards.
- Play moves to the next child and the next until all cards have been matched.
- When the game is complete, each child counts their matched sets and gets one point for each. The highest point total wins.
I adapted this game to go with the Tower of Babel. Woo-hoo! Aren’t I original!
You may download the game patterns at the bottom of this article.
We chose to put numbers across the top and numbers down the side so the children could make their selection from their seats. For example, the child chooses 1B and 2D during their turn. The teacher or a student will turn only those 2 cards over. You may instead choose to gather the children together and place these cards on the floor.
Tower of Babel Match Game download: Tower of Babel Matching Game
Now, off you go! And remember to Perk Up Your Bible Class with a Match Game!
- Perk Up Kids’ Bible Class with 10 Commandments Visuals - January 22, 2020
- Perk Up Your Bible Class With a Sword Drill - January 16, 2020
- Perk Up Kids Bible Class with the Match Game,Tower of Babel - January 9, 2020